Online Courses to Put Knowledge in the Hands of Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Social Workers
Understanding Dyspraxia/ Developmental Coordination Disorder & Best Practice Towards Assessment & Intervention
This comprehensive course provides occupational therapists, physiotherapists and psychologists with the most up to date knowledge on Developmental Coordination Disorder commonly known as Dyspraxia. The course covers core topic i.e. the underlying brain areas involved, the core features of, the co-occurrence of Dyspraxia with other developmental conditions, and assessing for Dyspraxia. Professionals will be able to understand how Dyspraxia affects physical, social and mental health so that they can design appropriate interventions.
Self-Regulation for Children: A toolkit for parents & professionals to help children thrive at home & in school
This course will provide occupational therapists, teachers and parents with the essential knowledge and practical tool to support and enhance self-regulate for children. The course provides lots of practical video demonstrations of simple strategies and activities that can support children’s engagement at home and in the school setting.
Supervision – Training programmes (Face-to-Face) Customised for health professionals
Courses for Allied Health Professionals such as Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Social Workers
True to our mission of connecting research and policy to everyday practice, our courses for occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and social workers are packed with the knowledge you need to provide high-quality therapy services. Covering topics such as dyspraxia/Developmental Coordination Disorder best practice assessments, supervision and reflective practice, self-regulation, and executive functioning.
A certificate for continuing professional development purposes is provided upon course completion.
I have used my extensive skills and knowledge as an experienced health professional, researcher, and coach to create these courses. Each course aims to put the Knowledge in your Hands so that you can influence change in your life and others.
Renew, Reflect, Reconnect
- Gain a renewed sense of personal wellbeing, with practical strategies to enhance self-care and resilience.
- Reflect on your professional journey, identifying and celebrating your strengths and achievements as a therapy entrepreneur.
- Reignite your passion for the therapeutic work, reconnecting with the core values that drive your commitment to helping others.
- Acquire actionable insights and business strategies to optimise and strengthen the foundation of your therapy work.
- Establish meaningful connections with fellow practitioners, fostering a supportive community for ongoing collaboration, growth, and shared success.
Supervision Training for Health Professionals
Áine designs supervision courses tailored to the health professional’s needs so that you can gain the confidence to deliver exceptional supervision that elevates outcomes for supervisees, organisations, and clients.
This supervision training is designed to be pragmatic and practical, allowing you to apply newly acquired skills through simulated supervision sessions. By seamlessly integrating theory and research, we ensure that your supervisory practice is evidence-informed and highly effective.
Áine is an experienced supervisor who holds a postgraduate certificate in Clinical Supervision. In addition she has co-authored several chapters in the recently published book “Supervision for Occupational Therapy: Practical Guidance for Supervisors and Supervisees”. Dancza, K., Volkert, A., & Tempest, S. (Eds.) (2023).
- Introduction to supervision
- Understanding how models of supervision can help to structure and guide sessions
- Conducting formal supervision, e.g., contracting, facilitating sessions, and documentation
- Supervisory practice skills, e.g., communication skills, giving feedback
- Facilitating reflective practice that enhances professional development
- Managing difficult conversations and supervisory boundaries
- Supporting the supervisee to deal with the emotional demands and challenges of their work
- Legal & Ethical Issues in supervisory practice